A strange name?
Take a Tour
Meet the Crew
How we started
Our first yacht
Our view of the cruising life
Passages we've made
Around the world in Dulcinea
Australia to Japan
Japan to Kamchatka
Russia to Alaska
Alaska to Canada
Canada to Australia
STORIES IN ALASKA
Laurence in Alaska
Prince William Sound
STORIES FROM JAPAN
Simply the BEST
Huis Ten Bosch
STORIES FROM AUSTRALIA
Barrier Reef Cruise 2005
STORIES FROM TASMANIA
Antarctica by Ship NEW!
A Spooky story
OTHER CRUISING SITES
CREW - we are:
- Lyndall and Peter Aston -Originally from Sydney, Australia - now in Townsville North Queensland
- Parents to James, Cathy, David and Matthew
- Grandparents to Nelson, Anthony,Laurence, Benedict and Timothy, Andrew and William
- Retired artist/chef/historian and electrical engineer,
- Sailed dinghies, catamarans as a young family
whilst dreaming of a yacht big enough for us all at the
- Moved our
family to Papua New Guinea in 1977 as a way of broadening
our horizons and improving the potential to save for a
yacht - it worked!
- Bought 1st cruising yacht from Taiwan (1977) christened her Dulcinea
- Lived aboard and sailed around PNG and around the world for 9 years
- Spent 8 years building illywhacker 1987 - 1995
- Retired 1993 and committed to spend full-time aboard.
aboard 1995, departed Sydney 14 June 1996 - destination
- the world.
- Sailed to Japan via Melanesia and Micronesia.
From our home marina near Nagasaki, we sailed and lived
in the country for 2 wonderful years.
- In April 2000 set
sail north along the west coast of Japan to Hokkaido
then to Kamchatka in Russia and along the Aleutian
Islands chain to Alaska.
- After another 2 wonderful years in the remote fishing village
of Cordova Alaska, we set sail for Sidney BC, Canada, arriving
- We received a disturbing diagnosis on Lyndall's health
so reluctantly we left Sidney/Vancouver area in June 2003
and sailed "home" to
Australia via Hawaii, Tuvalu and Vanuatu arriving at Townsville
on 1 September 2003.
- We wake each morning wondering if it
can all be true. What a privileged lifestyle this is, to
be living our dream. May it never end.